Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Beauty Questions


Q: I shave my underarms every day, but it looks like there is still hair on them!

A: Los Angeles dermatologist Howard Murad suggests shaving in the shower so that your skin is hydrated and softened by the heat and moisture. Shave in two directions, both with and against the growth of the hair. Try it.

Q: I have curly, frizzy hair that stays put only with gel and hairspray, but they always flake. What can I use?

A: Try L.A. looks Curl Defining Gel ($3, drugstores). A curly-haired friend gave it a test run and it held off frizz whether used on wet or dry hair.

Q: How do I make my own de-puffing eye mask?

A: Steep three green tea bags in hot water, let cool and remove. Add one egg white, a teaspoon of honey and a tablespoon of apple juice. Soak two cotton pads in the mixture, wring out, then apply under your eyes. Lay plastic wrap over each, and leave on for five to fifteen minutes. Rinse off and puffs be gone!

Q: Should I bronze the edge of my forehead?

A: Adding color along the hairline pulls together a tanned look and makes blush appear more natural. Try running it down the center of your nose, or on the edges to make a contoured look.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews