Sunday, April 1, 2012

Anti-Acne/Anti-wrinkle In the Same Product!

Wow! I can't tell you how excited I am to write this post. I have not been this excited about a product since I found Body Shop's Tea Tree line. For those of you who are in your early twenties through your early thirties, I'm sure that most of you have been thinking about your skin and what you want to look like when you get older. You might be noticing a few fine lines that just don't go away anymore, and you've started moisturizing every night and morning to keep them from progressing into deep wrinkles, and you've invested in a sunscreen product.

First of all, great job. Being in your twenties or thirties, I'm also sure that acne is still a problem for you. I thought that after age twenty-one my acne would never come back! Well I'm 24 and I still feel like I'm in high school. I have very oily skin and have white head and black head problems. Like you, I wanted to make sure I did everything I could to slow the process of wrinkles and aging skin, so I started looking at products. The biggest problem is that most acne products dry out your skin to get rid of oil, while anti-aging products pile on the oil to keep wrinkles from forming. I had to choose whether I wanted acne or wrinkles, and I had to live with one of them. AUGH!

Then, one day last week I was at the store and realized that I've never really given Neutrogena products a chance at helping me. I also noticed a product in their Healthy Skin line, called Anti-Wrinkle/Anti-blemish and I gasped. A product that helps me with both?! It has both alpha-hydroxy and salicyclic acid. 'SA' doesn't seem to be working for me, but I bought the wash and decided to give it a try. They also have a moisturizing cream but I decided to try one at a time. I also bought their Anti-Wrinkle Day Cream that has SPF 15 (which isn't THAT amazing, but it's at least something) and Retinol. A dermatologist assured me that even though Retinol does break down in sunlight, that it should be fine since it's mixed with a sunscreen. I also bought the Neutrogena Naturals Night Cream which has no parabens or sulfates, and has olive oil in it. (Olive oil does not clog your pores! It is full of antioxidants that soak directly into your skin and help with dirt removal and oil control) I've been using it for the past week and haven't had many breakouts at all. I've definitely noticed my skin having a little more fullness, like I was getting my youthful baby fat back in my face (Which does not bother me one bit). I'm going to give this regimen another three weeks before I make a decision to keep going or discontinue use.

I am planning on trading in the day cream with retinol for the night cream with retinol just to make absolutely sure that I'm getting my money's worth. Retinol not only helps with aging skin, but is also used in prescription creams for acne. Neutrogena has a day cream that instead of retinol, has alpha-hydroxy-acid, which is a fine line smoother and collagen producer. It does increase sensitivity to sunlight, so they mix in a sunscreen. For more information on AHAs and Retinol, use the search box on the upper right hand corner of my homepage and type in the keyword, it will help you find the entries that explain them in more detail.

-B

1 comment:

Total Pageviews