Saturday, February 4, 2012

Eat...More Lunch!

One of my favorite books is "Eat This...Not That!" It takes two very similar products (When you're eating out) and compares fat, sodium, calories, etc. and gives you the better option without cutting back on flavor. Here is an example of calorie counting and making the most of what you eat when it comes to portions, taste and quality.

You can have...


A Turkey Club sandwich, restaurant style. It has three slices of white bread, turkey, bacon, mayo, lettuce and tomato. 640 calories, 33 grams of fat.

Or You can have...


Turkey BLT. It has two slices of whole wheat bread, three slices of roast turkey, two strips of bacon, one half tsp of mayo, lettuce and tomato. An apple and an oatmeal raisin cookie. 640 calories, 20 grams of fat.


Wait... I can get more flavor from whole wheat bread, keep my bacon and my mayo? Plus I get a tangy apple and a cookie for desert and it's less fat and the exact same number of calories?!

I'm Sold.

-B




Source: Glamour

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews