Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Facial Masks for Spring


Spring weather on your skin is a little like a squirrel in the park: You're just walking along, minding your own business, admiring the flowers and then BAM! When you least expect it, it sneaks up behind you, freaks you out, riles you up and then scampers off again--only to leave you shrieking to yourself, like a crazy person. (Can you tell I've had some traumatizing experiences in Central Park?)

Anyhow, it's around this time of year that my skin either needs some serious moisture or some serious oil sucking-upping--it just depends on the weather we're having that week. For my weekend beautifying sessions (it seems it's the only time I have to spend some Q.T. in the shower or bathroom) I've been alternating between these two bad boys to ward of spring-induced skincare issues:

MALIN + GOETZ Detox Face Mask ($40, beauty.com): I love this as it feels like it's working--and it does work: It bubbles a bit while it's sitting on your skin (which I read as being productive) and when you wash it off, your skin feels dewy, but not in a greasy or heavy way. Good stuff.

Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask ($4, drugstores): It's an oldie, but a goodie--I've used it since college. (And for years, have been confused as to why EVERY drugstore puts it on the bottom shelf! It's $4 of awesomeness--they should put that front and center!) It's mint green, it dries up greasy pores and when you walk around your house wearing it, it makes you feel like you're in some '80s John Hughes film, prepping for the prom or something. All of which I dig.

I asked some of the lovely ladies here which facial masks they're into and here's what they recommended:

Fresh Rose Mask: "I have both the Fresh Brown Sugar and the Rose Masks--I switch back and forth depending on what I feel like my skin needs. The brown sugar exfoliates and the rose is pore-refining. I’ve been using them for years!" -Megan Gustashaw


Sjal Pearl Enzyme Exfoliating Mask($165, skinstore): "For years this has been my go-to mask for anytime I need to look better, fast. Whether my skin is dry, oily, irritated, dull, or breaking out, a few minutes with Sjal's Pearl Enzymes makes a world of difference. It's soothing, pore-minimizing, micro-exfoliating (but super-gentle), and after I use it, my makeup goes on super-smoothly—sometimes, after using it, I don't need to wear makeup at all, it's that good. The only thing I worry about when I'm using it is running out—at $165, it's a total splurge." -Danica Lo

DDF Sulfur Mask ($40, Nordstrom) "It smells like hell but dries up a zit like no one's business." -Beth Shapouri


Source: Glamour

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews