Monday, December 16, 2013

I'll Show You My Skincare Routine

 By Petra Guglielmetti

So here's my skincare routine--with the disclaimer that the exact products I use changes very often, as I'm always discovering and testing new things. That said, the basic framework of my routine and the ingredients I use remain pretty constant, and lately I've been very dedicated to the following regimen.

EARLY MORNING

1. Super-quick wash with a gentle cleanser. Cetaphil is my trusty standby.

2. Apply Aveeno Positively Radiant. I have tried all sorts of daytime moisturizers and this one remains by far my favorite; great hydration while not greasy, and the sunscreen never stings my eye area. Plus, helps fade dark spots and adds subtle sheen.

MID MORNING

1. During post-gym shower, I use my Clarisonic Mia brush and a slightly deeper cleanser--currently Mario Badescu Botanical Facial Gel. It never dries out my skin and smells great. I also like to borrow the husband's Biore Ice Cleanser sometimes to mix things up and clear out my pores even more (I got it for him after you guys recommended it for fighting pimples!).

2. After shower, I use a glycolic-acid toner or pad. Currently I am testing (and loving) Cane + Austin Retexturizing Treatment Pads.

3. Apply an antioxidant serum, like Skinceuticals Phloretin CF or Mario Badescu Vitamin C Serum.

4. Reapply Aveeno Positively Radiant.

NIGHT

1. Clean skin with Clarisonic and Cetaphil. I used to be lazy about p.m. washing--sometimes I'd just use a face wipe--but lately I'm being diligent so that my night treatments/creams absorb more effectively.

2. Every other night, I apply Skinceuticals Retinol .5 (their less-concentrated version). I'll up it to every night once my skin fully adjusts (if I use it daily now, I peel a LOT and feel sensitivity).

3. I wait half an hour for the retinol to absorb, then I apply a night cream. Sometimes I use Olay Pro-X Wrinkle Smoothing Cream, a drugstore product derms swear by. Or if I feel like I need something more mellow, I use Mario Badescu Seaweed Night Cream.

My all-time favorite p.m. moisturizer so far, though, is a weird sciencey one called Bio-Cream that uses one ethically questionable ingredient (I've posted about it before). The things is, they haven't sent me any in a while and I feel silly paying $135 for moisturizer when I get tons of it for free. But I might break down and do it soon. This stuff is that amazing.

I know this all looks like a lot in writing, but honestly I probably spend 5 minutes total on my face each day.
More Mario Badescu...
ShopStyle

Once or twice a week, depending on how my skin feels, I'll do an exfoliating peel or mask. Lately I use something different pretty much every time.

Oh, and before some of you ask whether I'm on the Mario Badescu payroll, I'm not! The reason I discovered their products is because I used to live just one block from their NYC spa and went there for facials! I always end up falling back on their products despite the many I have to choose from because they never make my skin freak out and have a sort of hand-crafted feel about them.


Source: Glamour

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews